» Public Safety
Operating a business is not an easy task. Unfortunately the safety of company assets and employees are overlooked due to the perceived notion that it is too expensive. These are a few tips to help business owners and employees avoid being the victim of crime and assist the police in the event a crime happens.
- Keep your business clean and customer friendly. Maintain the exterior of your store front to attract customers. A thriving business is less attractive to those intending to commit violent crimes such as robbery.
- Keep exterior advertising to a minimum so police and pedestrian traffic can view inside your store while passing by.
- Secure both front and rear access to your business with quality locks that are tamper proof.
- Keep as little cash as possible on hand. Never count deposits in view of the public, do so in a secure area out of view.
- Meet and greet every customer who enters your business. This is good for business and puts potential thieves on notice that their presence is known.
- Install quality alarm and surveillance equipment. The technology has become more affordable and user friendly. Learn how it operates and make your employees familiar with it also.
- Mark exits with tape at measured heights. This allows any witnesses to give accurate height information to police should a crime occur.
We encourage you to contact the police department at any time to assist you is crime-proofing your establishment.